McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP believes in partnering with our community. Making a difference in and “giving back” to the local community is an essential component of life at MBHB and a core value of the firm. As evidence of its commitment to this value, MBHB has a Community Outreach initiative (#mbhb[co]) that encourages charitable giving and volunteering. Some of the organizations that the firm recently has supported through this initiative include:
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (Race Judicata®);
- Lee National Denim Day®;
- Greater Chicago Food Depository;
- Chicago-Kent College of Law Patent Hub;
- Chicago Public Schools;
- Chicago Student Invention Convention;
- Toys for Tots; and
- American Heart Association.
As well as charitable giving, MBHB believes in helping our community by the giving of our time. Professionals from MBHB have volunteered in the following worthwhile efforts:
- serving as volunteers for many years in judging and grading appellate briefs for the AIPLA-sponsored Giles Sutherland Rich Moot Court competition, which considers unsettled questions of U.S. Patent law;
- providing pro bono legal assistance to qualified inventors across the nation in conjunction with the Patent Hub Program at the Chicago Kent Law School;
- serving as Career Speakers for the iBIO Institute’s Stellar Girls Program, which inspires students to enter into Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) careers, gives students the opportunity to interact with STEM professionals, and apply STEM skills to real-world problems;
- judging science projects in the Annual Chicago Public Schools Student Science Fair;
- serving as a proud sponsor of the Chicago Student Invention Convention;
- presenting on the dangers of counterfeit products in local high schools in connection with INTA’s Unreal Campaign;
- cleaning and organizing a women’s shelter in conjunction with the Women Everywhere Service Day.
In addition to endeavors supported by our Community Outreach initiative, we encourage our attorneys and professionals with respect to their individual involvement and participation in community service activities. Across a spectrum of legal, business, political, charitable and civic organizations, our attorneys and professionals share their talents and resources to improve the quality of life in communities where we work and live. A review of the individual firm biographies on the MBHB website highlights the diverse range of organizations in which our attorneys and staff members have volunteered their time, talent and resources.