May 16-18, 2012 | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT | Chicago
This program is directed to patent attorneys, litigation attorneys and patent agents with or without a Patent Office registration number, or little patent experience. It will focus on teaching the basics of claim drafting, patent application preparation and prosecution, as well as a review of recent developments in the law. A litigator’s perspective is also presented to show how drafting and prosecution can influence the development, and often the outcome, of subsequent patent litigation. The clinics offer a unique supplement to the kind of hands-on mentoring that senior attorneys are hard-pressed to provide to less-experienced attorneys and agents.
What you will learn
This three-day program will feature lectures each morning followed by small clinic sessions in the afternoon. Both the lecture sessions and the clinics will follow the patent application process - from invention disclosure and patent preparation (Day 1), through prosecution and issuance (Day 2) and into litigation (Day 3).
The lectures are designed to provide a review of the patent preparation and prosecution process and explain:
- How to decide what elements of the invention should be included in the patent
- How to prosecute an application to result in allowance of an enforceable patent
- How to interview an Examiner
- How to use reissues, reexaminations and other post-issuance proceedings
- How to anticipate patent litigation issues during the patent prosecution process
- Morning lectures on critical patent application topics, including the America Invents Act
- One-of-a-kind, small group clinics with experienced patent prosecutors to develop and polish patent writing skills
Who Should Attend
Patent attorneys, patent agents, technical advisors and patent liaisons with no or very little patent prosecution experience will benefit from this program.
Sponsored by: Practising Law Institute
Register online at http://www.pli.edu/Content/Seminar/Fundamentals_of_Patent_Prosecution_2012_A/_/N-4kZ1z1330o?fromsearch=false&ID=142684