The Committee for Diversity and Inclusion at McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP (“MBHB”) fosters education and dialog within all aspects of our professional working environment to ensure that diversity and inclusion of both individuals and their perspectives are valued, sought out, and form an integral part of who we are and the work we do. The Committee’s activities include:
- Sponsoring and promoting firm involvement in legal organizations and activities relating to groups underrepresented in the legal industry
- Supporting education and training to raise awareness regarding diversity and inclusion issues
- Fostering professional development, retention, and recruiting of all legal professionals and staff at MBHB, with particular emphasis on underrepresented groups
Recent efforts, activities and initiatives
- Annual attendance at the National LGBT Bar Conference and Career Fair (“Lavender Law”)
- Sponsorship of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) Regional Leadership Development Conferences (RLDC) 2018
- Annual participation in the Cook County Bar Association Minority Job Fair
- Host of “Women in IP” and “Diversity in IP” events throughout the year geared towards educating female and diverse law students about the unique challenges minorities and women face in the IP world.
- Participation in the Forum on Workplace Inclusion
- Recurring in-house educational seminars on topics relating to diversity and inclusion
Please contact partners Michelle McMullen or Nathaniel Chongsiriwatana.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action
MBHB is committed to a policy against discrimination in employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression or any other protected group status under the law.
MBHB is compliant with the Connecticut General Statutes §§ 4a-60(a)(1) and 4a-60a(a)(1), as amended.