Wed., July 14, 2021 | 10:00-11:15 a.m. CT | Live MBHB Webinar via WebEx
MBHB will present a mid-year review of the top stories impacting trademark and copyright law. Topics will include:
- Recent trademark and copyright legislation, including the Trademark Modernization Act and the Copyright Alternative in Small Claims Enforcement Act of 2020.
- Recent trademark and copyright cases at the U.S. Supreme Court, including Google LLC v. Oracle America Inc.
- Recent TTAB decisions of note, including TTAB opinions in “failure-to-function” cases and genericness after com.
- Recent federal court decisions of note, including cases addressing trademark registration cancellation as a discovery sanction, third-party beneficiary standing in a trademark license dispute, and infringement of an implied-in-fact copyright license agreement.
- Recent USPTO examination updates, including how trademark Examining Attorneys should address generic.com terms after com.
Presenter(s): MBHB attorney(s) Eric Moran and Nicole Reifman
NOTE: MCLE credit is not available for this archived recording.
Access an archived audio version on this webinar here