Tues., July 23, 2019 | 10:00-11:15 a.m. CT | Live MBHB Webinar via WebEx
MBHB will present a mid-year review of the top stories impacting trademark and copyright law. Topics will include:
- Recent trademark and copyright cases at the U.S. Supreme Court, including Fourth Estate, Rimini, and more discussions on “immoral” or “scandalous” trademarks.
- Recent federal court decisions of note, including Apple being allowed to rely on foreign priority dates for its IPAD mark.
- Recent TTAB decisions of note, including discussions on sufficiency of intent in intent-to-use applications, and trends regarding generic and “highly descriptive” marks.
- The impact of big data on trademarks – clearance, prosecution strategy, policing, and enforcement.
- An increased pressure on companies to address social, environmental, and health issues – and the interplay between trademarks and corporate social responsibility that ensues.
- Happenings outside of the United States, including new trademark laws in Canada and the implications for trademarks in the United Kingdom and the European Union in the wake of Brexit.
Presenter(s): MBHB attorneys Eric Moran and Nicole Reifman
While there is no fee to participate, all attendees must register in advance and, in order to receive MCLE credit, must participate online and individually. Register online here
All registrants will receive an email confirmation and details for online participation.
MCLE credit is pending for the states of California, Illinois, New Jersey,* New York,* North Carolina and Virginia (*via reciprocity).
McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP is committed to educating clients and friends of the firm with respect to significant developments and trends in the areas of intellectual property law.
Register online here