MBHB Founding Partner Daniel A. Boehnen will speak at BNA’s “Using Today’s Patent Laws to Protect Tomorrow’s Technology: Litigation Strategies” seminar on October 6, 2008 in Arlington, Virginia.
Mr. Boehnen’s session, “Scope of Patent Protection 101 – in re Bilski” begins at 2:45 p.m.. The session will cover:
- Should “mental methods” be patentable under Section 101?
- Should there be any limits to patentable subject matter other than abstract ideas, physical phenomena, or principles of nature? What is an “abstract idea”?
- Must software be tied to a computer and cause some physical transformation in order to be patentable?
- How do we determine the kind of “discoveries” that the statute was enacted to protect?
- Will the Federal Circuit be able to resolve the issue or will the Supreme Court be next?
For additional information, or to register, please click here.